Scholarship programme "Deutschlandstipendium"
The national scholarship programme Deutschlandstipendium supports above-average students with excellent grades. Social commitment, a willingness to take responsibility and special social, family or personal circumstances will also be taken into account.
- The grant amounts to 300 Euros per month for one semester.
- 50 % of the funding for the scholarship comes from organisations, private persons or foundations outside the university. The other 50 % are provided by the federal government.
- There are two call for applications per year – in July for the winter semester and in January for the summer semester.
Students at the Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg (TUBAF) are eligible for applying for the scholarship Deutschlandstipendium. Applicants should have studied in Freiberg for at least one semester at the time of application and be able to present a corresponding Transcript of Records ("Leistungsübersicht").
- students, who already receive a scholarship / financial support for gifted students or performance-dependent financial support, which exceeds 30 Euro/month
- Students pursuing a second degree
- PhD students
- achievements during your studies
- personal development
- professional career (where applicable)
- social commitment
- willingness to take on responsibility
- special social or personal circumstances, a special family-related situation (family background or a background of migration)
Your application has a good chance to succeed if you belong to the most successful students of your year.
Students of Master degree programmes in English can apply for the Deutschlandstipendium in English accordingly.
The rectorate will decide, which applicants will receive the scholarships. The scholarship holders will be informed in writing and will receive a certificate.
There is no legal claim to the award of a scholarship as described above.
The call for applications for the Deutschlandstipendium will be published two times a year (call for applications for the summer and winter semester) on the following web page: https://tu-freiberg.de/en/economy/scholarship-deutschlandstipendium.
Complete application requires:
1. Online application (you can answer in English) including your CV, motivation letter, latest degree certificate(s) or Transcript of Records
2. Sending the following application documents by mail service:
- hardcopy of your online application
- filled and signed "Teilnahmeerklärung" (Statement of Participation, see application website and download "Bewerbungsvereinbarung")
- enrolment certificate of TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- motivation letter (max. 1 page)
- official copy of latest degree certificate(s) (in German or English) or latest Transcript of Records
- if applicable, proof of social commitment or proof of handicap
Please send the application to this address:
TU Bergakademie Freiberg
Prorektorat für Bildung
If you already study in Freiberg you can also deliver your application by hand to post office of TU Bergakademie Freiberg, Akademiestraße 6, room EG.06.
Please note: As the office of the Vice-Rector for Education receives a large number of applications, we ask for your understanding that the receipt of the documents can not be confirmed.